Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How Full is Your Bucket?

I have borrowed the title of this blog post from  How Full Is Your Bucket? Positive Strategies for Work and Life. I did not write this book. I do not benefit from the sales of this book (unless you use the link to buy it from Amazon). And I am not claiming ownership of it. I just enjoyed this book and the title fit.

Do you have a Bucket List? Are you actively trying to mark items off of that list as you go through your life? Is the list something that you feel like you will never accomplish?

I was reminded of my own bucket list while reading a blog post from Budgets Are Sexy. It is one of my favorite blogs and J$, the author is hosting a giveaway over the next few weeks. The giveaway sponsor, Life Insurance Finder, is giving away $500 to help you achieve something on your bucket list. (This blog post is one of my entries into the contest.)

I sat down to type out my Bucket List, also an entry for the contest on the post and got to thinking; What have I done to bring these to fruition?

On my list are:

1. Be credit card debt free. If you follow my other   followed my former blog The Debt Princess then you know what a huge accomplishment this would be. I'd prefer to do this by paying off the debt and not filing for bankruptcy.

2. Get a passport.

3. Have a reason to use said passport.

4. Travel the world alone.

5. Travel internationally with my children while they are still young.

6. Fly in an F-16.

In looking at my list, I think the $500 could help me knock off one item and be applied towards the goal of another.

I could certainly use the money to apply for a passport, whether it will be useful or not is not yet known. And I would apply the rest of the $500 to my quest for being debt free. I have a credit card bill that is around $475. I think I could pay it off!

I'm fired up to win! Are you going to enter too? (I kinda don't want you to though ;))

What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment