Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome to A Five Star Life

In 1992, I started my life as an adult. I entered college, fell in love for the first time, dabbled in college life and received my first credit card.

In 1997, I left college, started my first job in my desired career, dabbled in the single life and started paying for the debt my college years allowed me to acquire.

In 2001, I met a man. Meeting that man led to getting married, having two kids and becoming a stay at home mom. It also enabled my husband and I to acquire even more debt.

In 2008 I began a new life, as a single mom with two beautiful boys. A single mom who had no job, nowhere to live and debt. Life as I knew it changed both for the better and for the worse.

Since 2008 I have learned many, many lessons about life. I have struggled financially. I have struggled personally. I have had to parent two young boys who were very much confused and scared. I have had to fight for my children whose needs were special.

I have slept less, ate more and cried even more.

I have worried.

I have been angry.

I have questioned my choices.

However, during this time I have learned to enjoy some of the most amazing moments with my children. I have been given a gift of clarity.

I have watched a little boy with very few words and a severe case of shyness become a big boy with no fear and a rapidly expanding vocabulary.

I have watched an amazingly brilliant five year old with more anxiety and fears than any adult could handle become an eight year old with clarity and wisdom beyond his years.

I have laughed.

I have smiled.

I have cuddled and hugged and kissed.

And I have cried tears of joy.

I have learned to take those small average moments in a difficult life and turn them into above average memories.

Please join me as I blog about these above average moments. I will be writing about anything that comes to mind; my children, politics, a great new product or a moment of complete and utter crap.

I hope you will stick around to be reminded of the little things that can make your life A Five Star Life.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it's going to be a great blog. I'm curious about the other blog as well. I hope that you're going to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of this blog. can relate to you on so many levels! I'm looking forward to reading more about your Five Star Life!

    ReplyDelete